About Me

Nelspruit, South Africa
I am the best of me and not the next of them.

Its not by default but by fate!









My Peeps

Thursday 9 June 2011

Myeni does not want to play for Sundowns

 Kick Off, Neville Khoza

Myeni does not want to play for Sundowns

“At Downs careers go down” – Myeni 

“At Downs careers go down” – Myeni

Bidvest Wits turned down Mamelodi Sundowns R2.2-million offer for Sifiso Myeni recently, but the player he does not want to go and warm the bench anyway.

In a brutally honest interview with KickOff.com Myeni, who turns 24 tomorrow, says he would rather go and play for Ajax Cape Town or SuperSport United, and asks the question: "Who is signing the players at Sundowns?"

Both clubs showed interest in his at one stage, although nothing materialised.

“I don’t want to go to Sundowns; I don’t think it would be the right move for me,” Myeni says.

“When you go to Sundowns your career goes down and I don’t want to be one of the victims. There is no coach there, so who is signing the players?

“For me it is better to go to a team where the coach wants you, not where team managers or bosses like you, because what will happen if the new coach comes and doesn’t like you?”

"There is no coach there, so who is signing the players?"
- Sifiso Myeni 


The Soweto-born midfielder says he has arranged a meeting with his coach Roger de Sa to let him know that he does not want to go to the Brazilians.

“I will meet with Roger to tell him I don’t want to go there, at the moment I’ve not heard anything, I just read on KickOff.com that they are interested in me,” he says.

“My dream is to play overseas and if I stay with Wits I think I will achieve that, now I’m also in the Bafana set-up and how can I continue to be with them while I’m not playing at Sundowns?

“If Wits agree to sell me to them the ball will be in my court and I don’t think I will agree terms with them, I don’t want to play for them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment